Friday, June 12, 2009

Orange Mint & Mango Salad

Taken from the recipe of Robert Rainford(License to Grill) and I took the initiative to try the recipe out.

Here is the recipe:

Orange Mint & Mango Salad (Serves 2)

2 Oranges(Can use one big Orange depending on your preference)
1 Mango - peeled, cut from pit and cubed(My favorite would be the indian mango, it's really sweet!)
1 Banana, Sliced
1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
25ml vanilla yogurt (i used plain yogurt)
1/2 cup sweetened, toasted coconut (i substituted with honey)
1 teaspoons finely chopped fresh mint

Preparation Method

Peel, Seed, and slice 1 orange and place the slices in a bowl. Add the Banana, Mango and Strawberries and Honey, set aside.

Grate 1 teaspoon of zest from the remaining orange and juice the orange into a small bowl.

Add the yogurt and chopped mint and mix well. Add the fruits and mix well. Chill for 2 hours before serve.

My verdict: Maybe my portioning for the yogurt and honey went a little overboard which caused the final result feeling like a salad with quite an amount of sauce...plus, my mint which was plucked from the backyard wasn't giving me the mint taste which i expected( I used mint leaves which was used typically for Assam Laksa) Maybe I'll refine the recipe the next time I attempt this recipe again..

No comments: