Well, I was checking thru nuffnang analytics and noticed that there were search for Mun Yee Mee Recipe. It's quite a simple dish to prepare and cook at home, my mom used to cooked at least once a month for us and I would help in the kitchen back then.
Here's the Recipe for shares:
Mun Yee Mee 焖伊面 (serves 4)
3 or 4 dried yee mee noodles(quantity is up to you)
350g chicken, sliced(season with a little salt, oyster sauce)
300g prawns, peeled(do leave the scale at the tail area so that the flavor of the prawn can be absorbed by the noodles too, fresh prawns please!! season with salt and pepper too)
200g fishcake, sliced
300g cabbage, sliced thinly
5 cloves garlic, chopped finely
6 tbsp Oyster sauce
4 tbsp Dark Soya sauce
2 tbsp Light Soya sauce
Chicken Stock(About 1 litre)
Salt to taste
1. First, heat wok under high flame. Then, pour in the oil(about 6 tablespoons) into the wok and let oil heat.
2. Next, add the garlic and stir til light brown, then add in the chicken and stir-fry a moment then add in the prawns and fishcakes. Prawns cook very quickly therefore it has to be quick.
3. Pour in the Oyster sauce, dark and light soya sauce, to taste and the chicken stock. Add the yee mee in and cook under high flames still with the cover on the wok. Bring to boil to allow the stock to reduce. The gravy should be thick but make sure that it's not too dry.
4. About 5-8minutes later, add the cabbage and salt to taste and simmer for until noodles are soft(about 8minutes)
5. Noodles should be soft but chewy, try not to overcook.
Hope you'll enjoy the recipe. Cheers~
Climbing Pine Tree Hill & Twin Peak Again
9 months ago